The Plains to Peaks (P2P) Regional Network hosts monthly, web-based learning opportunities for members of the P2P Regional Network. Standing agenda items include introductions and state updates/highlights/upcoming activities; brief presentations by P2P members or experts in the field on a specific competency or topic area; and discussion/peer learning on same competency or topic area. Zoom, a web-based meeting platform, is used for learning opportunities and opportunities will be recorded/posted on this page (see below).
Click the links below to watch recordings of Plains to Peaks (P2P) Regional Network Learning Opportunities:
- January 31, 2017 - P2P RNCO Kick Off
- June 8, 2017 - In-person meeting at the Shared Risk and Protective Factor Conference
- July 7, 2017 - Policy briefs by the University of Iowa Injury Prevention Research Center
- August 4, 2017 - Overview of the Public Health Associate Program (PHAP)
- November 27, 2017 - P2P Regional Network re-vamp and results from the inventory survey
- January 31, 2018 - Policy focus and overview of Safe States Alliance policy resources
- February 26, 2018 - Policy focus and presentation from the Network for Public Health Law
- Part 1 - due to technical difficulties, the quality of this video is poor and cuts off part way through
- Part 2
- March 26, 2018 -Data visualization focus
- April 25, 2018 - Evaluation barriers
- June 25, 2018 - Policy focus and presentation from National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL)
- July 25, 2018 - Policy focus and presentation about Colorado's Family-Friendly Policy Scan
- August 27, 2018 - Sneak Peek of P2P member presentations for 2018 Safe States Conference
- September 6, 2018 - In-person meeting at Safe States Conference in Charleston, SC!
- November 5, 2018 - Research/evaluation focus and presentation from Tomei Kuehl and Dorothy Espelage about the RSVP2 study
- Note - the recording starts part way through. Access the slides here.
- January 23, 2019 - Policy focus and discussion of 2019 legislative priorities
- March 18, 2019 - Opioid overdose prevention round robin and peer sharing
- May 22, 2019 - Innovative Data Linkages
- July 22, 2019 - Integration of Injury and Violence Prevention with Other Units of Government
- September 23, 2019 - Media/communications training
- November 20, 2019 - Shared risk and protective factors (SRPF) Joint learning opportunity with the Shared Risk and Protective Factors Peer-to-Peer Network. Additional materials are below:
- January 27, 2020 - Policy focus and discussion of 2020 legislative priorities
- March 11, 2020 - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Traffic Safety 101. Note - learning opportunity not recorded due to technical difficulties. Access the slides here.
- May 18, 2020 - Discussion of COVID-19 and Injury and Violence Prevention
- July 20, 2020 - CSTE Injury Toolkit
- November 16, 2020 - Communications focus. Hub for Injury Prevention. Note - learning opportunity not recorded due to technical difficulties. Access the slides here.
- January 29, 2021 - Introduction to Shared Risk and Protective Factor Approach presented by Health Management Associates (HMA) and Safe States Alliance
- March 17, 2021 - Check in with P2P members about Core State Injury Prevention Program (SIPP) grant application. Session not recorded.
- May 10, 2021 - Rocky Mountain Public Health Training Center
- July 21, 2021 - Final learning opportunity! Transition of RNCO work to Safe States Alliance.