Utah Department of Health has a recruitment open for the following position:
Falls Prevention Coordinator
Do you have at least 3 years of experience with grant or program management? The Utah Department of Health (UDOH) seeks you as the Falls Prevention Coordinator. You will be responsible for implementing the Older Adult Falls Prevention Program which includes managing the grant that supports three evidenced based fall prevention programs; Otago Exercise, Stepping On, and Tai Chi for Arthritis & Health programs. In addition you will participate in and provide support to the Utah Falls Prevention Coalition and the Utah Legislative Falls Prevention Alliance which requires building and maintaining community partnerships for the: 1) Utah Stepping On Program and Master Trainers 2) Utah Tai Chi for Arthritis Program and Trainers, and 3) Utah Otago Exercise Program contractors. You will function under minimal supervision and have discretion in program judgment. In addition, you will supervise the part time Otago Falls Prevention Specialist. To be successful in this position you must have a strong understanding of public health, be a team player, have skills in partnership building, and be able to communicate effectively both in writing and orally. Travel is required for this position.
Principal DutiesYou will:
- Coordinate activities surrounding Stepping On or Tai Chi trainings, trainees MOAs and reimbursements, Fidelity Check completions, and grant evaluations.
- Develop partnerships and work with other UDOH programs and partners to develop sustainable strategies for older adult falls prevention programs.
- Maintain partnerships with Utah Falls Prevention Coalition and Utah Legislative Falls Prevention Alliance members.
- Provide support for scheduled Coalition and Alliance meetings.
- Oversee the Falls Prevention contracts and payments.
- Recruit and maintain partners for the Falls Prevention Grant and Falls Prevention Coalition.
- Oversee the Utah Stepping On Program, Utah Tai Chi for Arthritis Program, and Utah Otago Exercise Program.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has older adult falls prevention skills.
- Has a degree in:
- Behavioral/Social Sciences/Biological Sciences
- Communications/Public Relations
- Geriatrics/Physical/Occupational Therapy
- Health Education/Health Promotion/Community Health/Public Health
- Health Care Administration/Social Work
- Has strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Has coalition and partnership building skills.
- Has budget and financial management skills.
- Has a knowledge and ability to exercise good negotiation techniques and methods.
- Has a knowledge and ability to manage grants and contracts.
This is a full-time, career service position with benefits.
Requisition # 13185
In order to be considered for an interview for these positions, you will need to apply on-line at https://statejobs.utah.gov.
If you have not done so already, you will need to create a job seeker account.